Congratulations to the Marietta High School Swim and Dive Team, led by Coach Kristina Nesbitt, on their recent meet. MHS girls team placed 3rd and the MHS boys placed 2nd at the Central Lion First Chance Invitational.
The following swimmers earned 1st places and qualified for the State and County Meets:
- Max Denney, Chris Castaldo, Alex Le, and Victor Osorio – 200 Medley Relay
- Chris Castaldo – 500 Free, 100 Butterfly
- Alex Le – 200 IM, 50 Freestyle
- Eliza Reardon, Chloe Parker, KC Harper, Katharine Smart – 200 Medley Relay
- Chloe Parker – 200 IM, 100 Breaststroke
- Eliza Reardon – 100 Freestyle
- KC Harper – 100 Butterfly, 100 Backstroke
This is the fifth season for the MHS Blue Devil swim teams. Last year the teams had a total of 14 state qualifiers with the boys placing 15th at state and girls placing 26th at state, earning their highest place at last year’s GHSA State Meet in the school’s history.
Marietta Middle School students had the opportunity to also compete and bring home their first trophy at the same meet. The MMS boys’ and girls’ teams earned 1st place at the Central Lion First Chance Invitational. The following swimmers won their events:
- Jack Vega – 50 Freestyle
- Jessica Harper – 100 Freestyle
- Sofia Etheredge – 100 Breaststroke
- Lindsay Lavelanet, Ella Chevalier, Mikayla Moore, Kindle Martin – 200 Freestyle Relay