The Marietta City Schools Communication Team earned 10 awards from the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA). For more than 50 years, NSPRA has recognized exceptional work in school communications, and is currently the national governing body for school district communicators.
NSPRA’s Publication and Digital Media awards recognize exceptional work in educational communications: print, digital, video/TV/radio programs, audio, e-newsletters, websites, social media, infographics, and blogs. The submissions are judged on overall excellence, including quality as compared to other entries in each category. Top awards are Award of Excellence, Awards of Merit, and Honorable Mention.
Marietta City Schools Communication Team earned the following awards.
- Award of Merit – E-Newsletter (internal audience) – Board Notes
- Awards of Honorable Mention:
- School District Blog – for Blue Devil Blog
- Branding/Image Package – for Park Street Elementary
- Branding/Image Package – for Mayor’s Award
- Marketing Materials (electronic) – for Welcome to Marietta City Schools
- Excellence in Writing – for MHS Exceptional Students Manage Successful Coffee Cart for More Than a Decade
- Social Media – Keeping the Community “In the Know” Using Instagram Stories
- Special Purpose Publication – Technology Plan 2018 -2020
- Video (produced in-house) – for Marietta Honors Veterans in Its Classrooms
- Video (produced in-house) – for Musical Theatre at Marietta High School
“An award from the National School Public Relations Association is the highest honor that can be received by communications offices that work on behalf of school districts,” said Tammy Garnes, the district’s outgoing Executive Director of Communications. “During the 2018-2019 school year, our office made an effort to broaden the district’s social media reach with Instagram posts and stories, increase storytelling through video production, and communicate to stakeholders using a new blog and newsletter. Being recognized with ten awards was unexpected, but a testament to the hard work of our communication and public relations team.”
To see all of the award winners and to find out more about the NSPRA, visit their website at www.nspra.org.