Marietta School Community Invited to Review Proposed K-10 Math Curriculum
Marietta City Schools is in the process of reviewing K-10 math instructional resources that will be used to support teachers and students beginning in the 2019-20 school year. To date, the district has:
- Identified school needs articulated by Principals
- Met with Instructional Coaches to discuss resources to support teaching and learning
- Reviewed school and district math trend data
- Developed an RFP and scored each of the proposals to narrow the vendor list
- Formed a district committee comprised of representatives from all schools (administrators, teachers, support personnel) and district leaders that met with vendors, asked questions, reviewed product samples, and scored products based on school and district needs
As the next phase in the adoption process, Marietta City Schools’ parents, students, community members, administration, teachers, and staff are invited to participate in a review of proposed curriculum learning resources for K-10 mathematics courses. Through a rigorous selection process, the district committee has recommended two vendors for further consideration: McGraw Hill My Math/Reveal and Pearson EnVision. Stakeholders will be asked to review the vendors and score them using a rubric that encompasses the following: curriculum features/content, student materials, assessments, and alignment to the Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE). All data will be collected and compiled electronically.
We are inviting the public to participate in a review of the resources on Monday, February 11th from 8:00 am-11:00 am; Tuesday, February 12th from 2:00 pm-6:00 pm; Wednesday, February 13th from 2:00 pm-6:00 pm; and Thursday, February 14th from 8:00 am-11:00 am at the Marietta City Schools’ Central Office located at 250 Howard Street in Marietta.
Print resources will be available for review in the Small Meeting Room (SMR) during the review hours noted above. Based on input gathered from this multi-step review, a recommendation will be made to the Marietta City Schools’ Board of Education for the adoption of K-10 math curriculum learning resources. If you have questions, please contact Dr. Jennifer Hernandez at JHernandez@marietta-city.k12.ga.us.