Possible Inclement Weather – Week of January 27, 2019

Dear MCS Families,

I wanted to give you an update regarding possible inclement weather that may hit our area Tuesday morning.

At this point, it’s too early to tell exactly what we will get and when; however, the chance of inclement weather impacting school on Tuesday is a strong possibility.

Please know we will continue to collaborate with various state and regional agencies as well as other metro-Atlanta school districts – our priority is to make a coordinated decision that shows the greatest degree of safety and consideration for your family, our students, and employees.

We have several conference calls Monday with the National Weather Service – look for us to provide you with an update as early in the day as possible.  At the very latest, I will update our MCS families via email and social media by 5:00 p.m. Monday.  If and when the decision is made to not open school as normal on Tuesday, we will send an email, text message, and automated call to all MCS families.

As always, thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to predict the unpredictable.


Grant Rivera, Ed.D.

Leave a Reply